Features and Benefits
Perfect balance of nutrients for healthful large breed puppy growth and development. For all puppies over 50 lbs at maturity.
- OPTIMAL PUPPY GROWTH - This specially formulated diet provides optimal and balanced nutrition including calcium, phosphorus, and other minerals to promote the safe growth and development of large breed puppies.
- EASY TO DIGEST - Each kibble is crafted using a unique slow cooking method that protects nutrient levels while conditioning the carbohydrates for easy digestion and maximum nutrient absorption.
- BRAIN AND VISION DEVELOPMENT - Made with healthy omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil to nourish your puppy’s developing brain and eyes.
- MEAT PROTEIN - Rich in high-quality sources of protein from low-ash chicken and whitefish to help maintain and build lean muscle mass - it is a sure-fire way to keep the health and happiness of your four-legged friend on track.
- PROMOTES GI TRACT HEALTH - Added probiotics and fiber sources with pre- & pro-biotic characteristics aid in keeping your dog’s GI tract healthy. Healthier gastrointestinal tract equals stronger immune system resulting in a happier, healthier dog.
Made with protein-rich, low ash chicken sourced from the USA. Chicken supplies essential amino acids including taurine, a critical nutrient for heart health.
Oatmeal is a heart-healthy, highly digestible source of valuable nutrients required for holistic pet health, including lysine and many vitamins.
Omega-3 rich sources of fish oil from the menhaden fish supplies essential nutrients for healthful growth and development.
Eggs are the perfect source of protein as they contain all 9 essential amino acids. They are a highly digestible ingredient that also supplies many vitamins and minerals.
|Crude Protein (Minimum)||26.0%|
|Crude Fat (Minimum)||14.0%|
|Crude Fiber (Maximum)||3.5%|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid [DHA]* (min.)||0.1%|
|Calcium (min.)||1.2%||Phosphorous (min.)||1.0%|
|Vitamin E (min.)||147 IU/kg|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids (Minimum)||0.5%|
|Glucosamine (min.)||400 ppm|
Typical Nutritional Analysis
This data is composed of calculated values using ingredient nutritional analysis and actual lab analysis of our foods. It is not intended to represent absolute values and therefore not guaranteed as in the above table. The information should be used as a helpful guide when determining if a specific formula is suitable for a known dietary requirement. Should you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Recommended Feeding Chart for Puppy Bites:
|MATURE WEIGHT||6 to 11 Weeks||3 to 4 Months||5 to 7 Months||8 to 14 Months|
|50 lbs.(23 kg)||1½ to 2⅓ (165-253g)||2⅓ to 3¼ (256-358g)||2¾ to 3⅓ (303-366g)||2¾ to 3¼ (303-358g)|
|70 lbs. (32 kg)||1¾ to 3 (193-330g)||3 to 4¼ (330-468g)||3¼ to 4⅓ (358-476g)||3¼ to 4¼ (358-468g)|
|110 lbs. (50 kg)||2⅓ to 3½ (256-381g)||3⅔ to 5¼ (403-578g)||4¼ to 5½ (468-605g)||4 to 5¾ (441-633g)|
|140 lbs. (64 kg)||2¾ to 3⅔ (303-401g)||3¾ to 5⅓ (413-586g)||5 to 6 (551-661g)||4¾ to 6¼ (523-688g)|
|170 lbs. (77 kg)||3¼ to 3¾ (358-413g)||4½ to 6 (491-660g)||5¾ to 7 (633-771g)||5 to 7¼ (550-798g)|
|200 lbs. (91 kg)||3⅔ to 4¼ (401-468g)||5 to 7 (550-771g)||6½ to 7⅔ (715-843g)||5¾ to 7¾ (633-853g)|
(1) This is only a guide. Optimal feeding amounts may vary based on your dog’s activity level, age breed and environment. See your veterinarian for all health-related issues. (2) Add 1/3 cup (36 g) for every 10 lbs. (4.5 kg) over 100 lbs. (40 kg).
Puppies: May feed up to 33% more than suggested adult levels to maintain optimum body weight.
Pregnant Females: Minimal increase needed during first 6 weeks. Weeks 7 through 9 increase up to 25%.
Lactating Females: Immediately after whelping nutritional demand increases by 50% when compared to maintenance levels. During peak lactation increase feeding up to 300% of regular intake.
Regal Large Breed Puppy Recipe puppy food is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for growth, including growth of large size dogs (70 lbs. or more as an adult).