Features and Benefits
Reduced calorie for the health and vitality of mature and overweight dogs.
- REDUCED CALORIE FOR OVERWEIGHT DOGS - Lower fat levels without compromising protein quality for muscle regeneration and omega-3 fatty acids for skin and coat health.
- PERFECT SENIOR DIET - Helps maintain optimal condition of older dogs as their metabolism slows and activity level decreases.
- JOINT CARE - Glucosamine supports proper joint and connective tissue health.
- SKIN & COAT HEALTH - Rich in omega-3 fatty acids from fish oils for a lustrous coat. Fish oils are also an anti-inflammatory and have a healing effect on skin.
- HEART HEALTH INGREDIENTS - Enriched with taurine.
Made with protein-rich, low ash chicken sourced from the USA. Chicken supplies essential amino acids including taurine, a critical nutrient for heart health.
Whole Grain Sorghum
USA-raised sorghum is an ancient grain rich in antioxidants. The ingredient's lower metabolizable energy is excellent for weight management diet.
Green-Lipped Sea Mussel
Made with great tasting New Zealand green-lipped sea mussel, a super-food rich in minerals, amino acids, vitamins, antioxidants and more.
Healthy fiber from beet pulp, a moderately fermentable source of soluble and insoluble fiber, helps promote healthy gastrointestinal functions and more consistent stools.
|Crude Protein (Minimum)||21.0%|
|Crude Fat (Minimum)||7.0%|
|Crude Fat (Maximum)||9.0%|
|Crude Fiber (Maximum)||4.5%|
Typical Nutritional Analysis
This data is composed of calculated values using ingredient nutritional analysis and actual lab analysis of our foods. It is not intended to represent absolute values and therefore not guaranteed as in the above table. The information should be used as a helpful guide when determining if a specific formula is suitable for a known dietary requirement. Should you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
It is important to remember that your dog’s nutritional needs are unique and will vary with his environment, age and activity level. We recommend feeding to condition, this means using the following guide as a starting point, monitoring his weight and adjusting amounts accordingly. Feeding at least twice a day is optimal. Make sure fresh, clean water is available always.
|Body Weight (lbs.)||Cups Per Day**|
|Up to 10||1/4 to 3/4|
|11-23||3/4 to 1-1/4|
|24-36||1-1/4 to 1-3/4|
|37-49||1-3/4 to 2-1/4|
|50-62||2-1/4 to 3|
|63-75||3 to 3-1/2|
|76-89||3-1/2 to 4|
|90 or More||4 Cups Plus 1/2 Cup For Every 10 lbs. over 90|
** 1 cup equals approximately 110 grams of food.
Best Breed Senior Dog Recipe is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for maintenance.