Features and Benefits
For all dogs that require a high calorie / high energy diet for body maintenance.
- PREGNANT AND NURSING FEMALES - Provides critical nutrition needed to pregnant and nursing females for body maintenance and milk production.
- EXCELLENT FOR WEIGHT GAIN - With 580 calories per cup, the caloric density of each kibble makes Working Dog Diet a superb food for dogs that are either underweight or require an extremely high quantity of food to maintain weight.
- NATURAL JOINT CARE - Natural sources of glucosamine support proper joint and connective tissue health.
- ENERGY-DENSE KIBBLE FOR HARD WORKING DOGS - Developed by Dr. Gary in cooperation with Schutzhund club members who wanted an energy-dense food that is high in fat, but not so high in protein. The formula is excellent for those hard working and active dogs that require extra calories to maintain optimum body condition.
- HEART HEALTH INGREDIENTS - Enriched with taurine.
Made with protein-rich, low ash chicken sourced from the USA. Chicken supplies essential amino acids including taurine, a critical nutrient for heart health.
USA-sourced wholesome chicken fat supplies a concentrated and efficient source of energy while helping with overall body maintenance.
Sourced from the USA, brown rice used in the German Dog Diet is a highly- digestible carbohydrate that provides sustainable energy. Also supplies beneficial minerals and B vitamins.
Eggs are the perfect source of protein as they contain all 9 essential amino acids. They are a highly digestible ingredient that also supplies many vitamins and minerals.
|Crude Protein (Minimum)||24.0%|
|Crude Fat (Minimum)||22.0%|
|Crude Fiber (Maximum)||3.5%|
Typical Nutritional Analysis
This data is composed of calculated values using ingredient nutritional analysis and actual lab analysis of our foods. It is not intended to represent absolute values and therefore not guaranteed as in the above table. The information should be used as a helpful guide when determining if a specific formula is suitable for a known dietary requirement. Should you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
It is important to remember that your dog’s nutritional needs are unique and will vary with his environment, age and activity level. We recommend feeding to condition, this means using the following guide as a starting point, monitoring his weight and adjusting amounts accordingly. Feeding at least twice a day is optimal. Make sure fresh, clean water is available always.
|Body Weight (lbs.)||Cups Per Day**|
|Up to 10||1/4 to 1/2|
|11-23||1/2 to 1|
|24-36||1 to 1-1/2|
|37-49||1-1/2 to 2|
|50-62||2 to 2-1/2|
|63-75||2-1/2 to 3|
|76-89||3 to 3-1/2|
|90 or More||3-1/2 Cups Plus 1/2 Cup For Every 10 lbs. over 90|
** 1 cup equals approximately 133 grams of food.
Best Breed Working Dog Recipe is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages.
Pregnant Females: Minimal increase needed during first 6 weeks. Weeks 7 through 9 increase up to 25%.
Lactating Females: Immediately after whelping nutritional demand increases by 50% when compared to maintenance levels. During peak lactation increase feeding up to 300% of regular intake.
Contains 572 Kcal per cup ME (metabolizable energy) and 4.7 oz. of food per standard 8 oz. measuring cup.